Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10/12/09 Finished detailing the lake area

Having exhausted nearly all of my “in the queue” projects except for a few wiring projects (industrial sidings I’m talking to you) I decided it was time to do the last bits of landscaping around the lake area. I stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home from work and picked up a package of Woodland Scenics “Dead Fall” and “Field Grass.” The dead fall consists of random bits of natural aged wood, which can be glued down near the water’s edge. Installation is straightforward. Apply glue and stick on. The field grass is a natural “hair-based” product. It comes in 2” lengths and has to be cut to size. You cut off a clump, dip an end in foam tack glue and stick it on. I used it to simulate reeds near the water’s edge. These products are very easy to use yet the results are amazing.
  It should look better once the glue dries. As you can see I also threw in some Talus to further conceal the hard edge of the lakebed. With that out of the way, bring on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment