Wednesday, September 28, 2011

12/17/09 More odds and ends


Well I got to thinking that Red Wing Milling’s smokestack would look great if it actually smoked. In that spirit I went down to the nearest hobby shop and procured a seuthe smoke unit and installed it. This required some careful dis-assembly but the end result was terrific. The smoke adds a nice bit of realism to the scene.
 While I was at the hobby shop I also picked up this Woodland Scenics Vehicles Scene.

 For my last trick I put some cornerstone Prebuilt track bumpers on my sidings. You don’t often find these in the real world, but on a model railroad, it’s always a good idea to have something keeping your trains from hitting the floor. Out of the box these things are kind of lame. A quick shot of weathwash however made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment