Tuesday, September 27, 2011

6/7/09 The track plan is done:

Rather than take the uncertain and expensive route of buying a bunch of track and playing around with it, I opted to design this layout with Atlas RighTrack software, available free for download from Atlas’ web site.  I decided to build the layout the same size as PR&Y (40”x 60”) due to the limited space in my apartment. After playing around with different configurations I arrived at a plan that give me more or less what I want. Three main lines with two over crossings and for the most part, set back a good bit from the edge of the layout. The other advantage of using design software is I now know exactly what I need when I start buying track. I guess the next step is to build the base and buy some track.

No comments:

Post a Comment